Current PB's

  • Marathon - 3:54:26
  • , Half Marathon - 1:27:41
  • , 10K - 42:32
  • , 5K - 19:47

Sunday 10 October 2010

Keeping on Running!

Last Sunday's Kilomathon was the last race I had on my calendar for this year. I definitely find it easier to motivate myself to get out the door running when I have a race to prepare for so I've been busy looking for more races to enter. There are obviously a lot more options in the summer months but I have managed to find a nice half marathon on the 7th of November.


The Buchlyvie Half Marathon http://www.buchlyvie10k.co.uk/ looks like a nice flat course so should be good for a go at getting under 1:30. The reviews on the runners world website, http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/events/viewevent.asp?sp=&v=2&EN=46105&ms= are very complimentary so it's a race I'm definitely looking forward to.


Sub 1:30 would be great but I'll be happy if I can get a new PB. The Great North Run, where I ran 1:32:44 is quite a hilly course, especially in the second half so with the Buchlyvie race being flat it should be possible. I've got 4 weeks to get ready for it and I plan on doing a couple of hills sessions to build some strength and then some real fast interval sessions to build my leg speed up. Hopefully everything will come together on the day and I'll get my new PB.


Longer term I'm still not sure what races to enter for next spring. I was unsuccessful in the London Marathon ballot but have entered a couple of competitions to win a place. Once I find out that I've not won any of the competitions I'll start looking for other races to enter! The Edinburgh Half marathon has a good deal on just now. £99 for a golden ticket which gives you lifetime entry to the race and a whole host of other benefits. Might ask Santa for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment