Current PB's

  • Marathon - 3:54:26
  • , Half Marathon - 1:27:41
  • , 10K - 42:32
  • , 5K - 19:47

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Plans!

I like to have a plan! I always find it easier to to get out running if I have a plan to stick to. It doesn't have to be the most detailed or comprehensive of plans but if I have an idea of what I should be doing it really helps! When I entered the Buchlyvie half marathon I had 4 weeks to prepare for it and had already set myself the really challenging target of running a sub 1:30 (6:52/mile in case you're wondering!) So I have a plan to help me achieve that goal.


There is an excellent running blog called Joe Still Runs For Dom (which you should really check out) and Joe swears by his hill repeats and interval sessions. With this in mind I decided that I was going to incorporate these two elements into my running. Hill repeats for two weeks then a speed session each week for the final 2 weeks prior to the race.


I ran my first hills session today and I have to admit it did feel a bit strange. Run to hill, run up and down hill 6 times, run home is pretty much how it went! It was amazingly satisfying when I was done though. Next week I'm going to up it to 8 or 10 reps before moving onto the speed sessions.


Longer term I'm starting to consider my race options for next year. The Lochaber marathon on the 10th of April next year is looking quite appealing at the minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment